Woofingtonville Dog Park offers an offleash area where dogs can run and play. The Woofingtonville Dog Park is open to Village of Washingtonville residents and non-residents who obtain a Woofingtonville Dog Park use permit from Village Hall. Dog owners are absolutely responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dog(s) at all times. The liability waiver and registration included in this form must be filled out and signed for a dog tag to be granted by the Village of Washingtonville for use of the Woofingtonville Dog Park.
Required Documents for Woofingtonville Dog Park Use & Tag
- Copies of up-to-date vaccinations by a licensed NYS Veterinarian and current dog license must be provided at the time of registration.
Woofingtonville Dog Park Fees
- No annual fee is required if you are a Village of Washingtonville resident. NYS Driver’s license or NYS Non-driver identification must be provided as proof of residency.
- Non-Village resident annual fee: one (1) dog $75.00; additional dogs $5.00 each.
- Annual Woofingtonville Dog Park fee must be paid at time of registration and covers the calendar year in which it is issued.
- Annual fee must be paid by check at Village Hall, 9 Fairlawn Drive, Washingtonville, NY 10992.
- Replacement Woofingtonville Dog Park tag fee (resident & non-resident): $5.00
Woofingtonville Dog Park Etiquette and Rules
Once you and your dog enter the park, it's tempting to stand back and watch all the activity. However, everyone will have a more rewarding experience if you observe some basic etiquette during your visit to the Woofingtonville Dog Park. Please be courteous to other dog owners and ensure that your dog is getting along with the other dogs in the park. The following rules must be observed at all times. Anyone not following park rules will risk removal from the park and suspension of their permit.
Please read each of the following rules and consent to the Acknowledgement below:
- REGISTRATION FOR USE OF THE Woofingtonville Dog Park IS REQUIRED. Forms can be found at Village Hall or online at www.washingtonville-ny.gov.
- Hours of Operation: Daily from dawn to dusk. Hours are subject to change at the discretion of the Village Board, as deemed necessary.
- Park users & dog owners assume all risks related to park use. Owners must never leave their dog unattended or out of sight and must carry a leash at all times.
- All dogs in the Woofingtonville Dog Park must display a Woofingtonville Dog Park tag on their collar.
- No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
- All dogs must be leashed until safely inside the Woofingtonville Dog Park and returned to a leash prior to exiting. Gates must be closed after entering and leaving the Woofingtonville Dog Park. Any dog off leash outside the Woofingtonville Dog Park is prohibited.
- Dog owners must remain in the fenced area while their dogs are using the Woofingtonville Dog Park. Owners must be in view of their dogs and have voice control at all times.
- Spayed and neutered dogs are recommended.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in the Woofingtonville Dog Park.
- Dogs must be licensed and up-to-date with vaccinations; puppies under 4 months are prohibited inside the Woofingtonville Dog Park. A current license tag must be visible on each dog’s collar.
- Maximum of two (2) dogs per adult.
- Children under 10 are only permitted inside the Woofingtonville Dog Park if accompanied by a dog owner who is at least 18 years of age. Children MUST be closely supervised and behave appropriately: no running, shouting, climbing on fence or equipment, chasing dogs, or petting dogs without dog owner’s permission.
- Use areas as designated by signs pertaining to dog size; maximum of 8 dogs per area.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and dispose of dog waste in an appropriate container.
- Dogs are prohibited from digging. Any holes created must be filled in by owners before leaving the park.
- The following are prohibited within the Woofingtonville Dog Park: smoking, alcoholic beverages, food of any kind, any animals other than dogs, dog treats, littering, bicycles, and climbing on/over the fence.
- No excessive barking or noise is permitted.
- Any signs of dog aggression towards dogs or people is prohibited. Owners must immediately leash and remove dogs from the Woofingtonville Dog Park at the first sign of aggressive behavior.
- Persistent dog barking is prohibited.
- Any signs of dog own aggression towards their dog or other dogs is prohibited.
- Owners are liable for any injury or damage caused by their dog and are fully responsible for their dog’s actions.
- Aggressive behavior, dog bites to person or dog(s) and/or other such incidents must be reported within 24-hours to Village Hall at 845-496-3221.
- Violators will be subject to removal from the Woofingtonville Dog Park and Woofingtonville Dog Park use will be suspended.
- All other Village of Washingtonville park rules and regulations apply.
- In the event of an emergency call 911. For non-emergency issues, call the Washingtonville Police Department directly at 845-496-9123.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I (we) agree to hold the Village of Washingtonville, their board members, employees, and volunteers harmless from any claim for loss or injury that may be alleged to have been caused directly or indirectly to any person or thing by the act of other persons, owners, guardians and/or their dog(s) while in or upon the grounds or near any entrance thereto, and I (we) further agree to hold the aforementioned parties harmless from any claim for loss of our dog(s) by disappearance, theft, death or otherwise, and from any claim for damage or injury to our dog(s), whether such loss, disappearance, theft, damage or injury, be caused or alleged to be caused by the negligence of Village of Washingtonville or any of the parties aforementioned, or by the negligence of any other person, or any other cause or causes. Risks may include, but are not limited to, injury or damage caused directly or indirectly as a result of dog fights, dog bites, being knocked-down, chased or tripped, dog(s) being hit by a motor vehicle, etc.
I (we) hereby assume the sole responsibility for and agree to indemnify and save the aforementioned parties harmless of this unsupervised facility from any and all loss and expense (including legal and expert witness fees) by reason of the liability imposed by law upon any of the aforementioned parties for damage because of bodily injuries, including death at any time resulting there from, sustained by any person or persons, including myself (ourselves) or on account of damage to property, arising out of or in consequence of my (our) participation in the use of Woofingtonville Dog Park, howsoever such injuries, death or damage to property or persons may be caused, and whether or not the same may have been caused or may be alleged to have been caused by negligence of the aforementioned parties, or agents, or any other persons.
I agree to carefully inspect and approve for myself (ourselves) that the facilities provided are safe for their intended use. Once having conducted the inspection, I (we) agree to expressly assume all risks for myself, guardians, my children and my dog(s) participating at these premises.
By my signature below, I state that I (we): 1) agree to the terms and conditions described herein, 2) have read and fully understand the Woofingtonville Dog Park Rules and Regulations (and will explain the same to attending children and guests), and 3) agree to comply fully with all of the conditions of the Woofingtonville Dog Park use. I (we) understand that violation of these terms, conditions, rules and regulations may result in suspension or revocation of the Woofingtonville Dog Park privileges, I (we) also agree to immediately report any unsafe property conditions to the Village of Washingtonville.
Additionally, I (we) certify my (our) dog is up to date on vaccinations and in good health.